Consumer Terms & Conditions
Please read these terms and conditions carefully before placing your order and retain a copy of these terms and conditions and your order for future reference
In these terms and conditions:
refer to Nigel O'Hara Diamond Jewellers (registered in Northern Ireland at 1 William Street, Portadown, Co.Armagh, BT62 3NX)
refer to the purchaser of any goods from us.
means the contract between you
for the sale by us to you of goods
means any goods or services you order from us
means an order placed by you
for the purchase of goods
by clicking "place order" on the checkout page.
means any natural person who, when placing an order with us, is acting for purposes which are outside his or her trade, business or profession
means the page on our website entitled "checkout" which gives details of the goods, delivery address and options, payment method and a "place order" icon
website means our website at www.nigelohara.com
Terms of the contract
If you place an order for goods
as a consumer
, these terms and conditions apply to your
order and to the contract between you
may change these terms and conditions at any time. Any changes will apply to any orders that you
place after the time that we
update the terms and conditions on our
website. The changes will not apply to any order that you
place before we
make the changes on our
have taken care to ensure that our
website (including the help pages) and these terms and conditions do not contradict each other. However if there are any inconsistencies or contradictions then these terms and conditions shall apply instead of any contradictory or inconsistent part of our
When the contract is created
No contract exists between you and us until we notify you that we have accepted your order and delivered the goods.
are not obliged to accept your
Description and price of the goods
make every effort to ensure that prices and descriptions of goods shown on our website are accurate at the time you place your order.
The price of the goods will be as shown on the checkout page of our
website when you
will charge you
must also pay a delivery charge for the goods as indicated on our
website at the checkout page.
In the unlikely event that the price shown on the checkout page is wrong, and we
discover this before accepting your order, we are not required to sell the goods to you at the price shown. We
always try and ensure that the prices of goods shown on our
website are accurate, but occasionally genuine errors may occur. If we
discover an error in the price of the goods that you
have ordered we
will let you know as soon as possible and give you
the option of reconfirming your order at the correct price or cancelling it. If you cancel your order and you have already paid for the goods, then you will receive a full refund.
Payment is normally taken when the purchased item is despatched, however on some instances it may be taken prior to this. With payments made by PayPal or Google Checkout, payment is instant and unfortunately cannot be delayed until time of despatch. If any item is cancelled prior to despatch and has been charged then a refund will be made to the card.
will deliver the goods that you
order to the delivery address you give when you
place your order.
will endeavour to deliver the goods within the delivery period that applies to the option you have chosen.
If you give us an incorrect or incomplete delivery address and as a result we try but are not able to make the delivery, we
may treat the order as cancelled by you
. In this case we will refund the price of the goods, but we shall be entitled to keep the amount paid for delivery.
If some of the goods you ordered are not available we
may deliver part of your order. We
will deliver the rest of the order as soon as possible afterwards.
In the very rare instances where parcels do not arrive in the agreed timescales or when parcels are lost completely we cannot process a refund or resend of the parcel until the delivery is officially classed as lost. This must be confirmed by the courier (Royal Mail) themselves. At that time we will either issue a refund or arrange for another item to be sent.
Lost Delivery Timescales from Royal Mail - days to confirm a lost parcel
Royal Mail Recorded Delivery - 15 working days
Royal Mail Special Delivery - 10 working days
Royal Mail International Delivery - 21 working days
Your right of cancellation under the Distance Selling Regulations
may cancel the contract under the Distance Selling Regulations by notifying us no later than 7 working days after we deliver the goods that you
are cancelling the contract. We
strongly recommend that you do this by using our on-line returns tool - see our website for details.
cancel the contract under the Distance Selling Regulations, you
must take reasonable care of the goods from the time you
receive them until you
return them to us.
cancel the contract under the Distance Selling Regulations you
must return the goods to us at your
cancel the contract under the Distance Selling Regulations and do not return the goods as required, we may charge you our direct costs of recovering the goods.
In these terms and conditions, faulty goods means any goods we supply to you that do not conform to the contract. Faulty goods does not include any goods that are faulty due to fair wear and tear, wilful damage, accident, negligence by you or any third party, use otherwise than in accordance with their intended use, failure to follow the manufacturer's or our instructions, or any alteration or repair carried out withouttheprior approval of us or the manufacturer.
should notify us as soon as possible if you
discover that any goods are faulty goods.
website gives details of how to notify us
of any faulty goods and how to arrange for the problem to be resolved.
return goods because you think they are faulty goods, we may charge you the cost of all transport and our actual costs and expenses in the event that the goods are not in fact faulty goods.
Returning goods – general
return goods to us
for any reason (for example because you have cancelled the contract under the Distance Selling Regulations or because you think they are defective goods):
- you must ensure that they are properly and securely packaged and labelled with our address;
- you are always responsible for any damage in transit that is due to incorrect or inadequate packaging by you; and
- you are responsible for any damage or loss in transit where you arrange the transport.
- Those orders returned or cancelled under will incur a handling or restocking fee of £6.00 that will be taken from your refund at our discretion.
- Please note that we do not consider slight misalignment of the watch hands to be a fault. We have taken this decision in correlation with the leading watch industry manufacturers, whom advise that slight alignment issues are almost impossible to eradicate entirely. As a consequence slight alignment issues are therefore not considered as a fault that warrants a return.
Returning goods – promotions
All promotional items must be returned along with the original item. For any such item not returned, we
reserve the right to charge the full RRP for such item. This will be deducted from your refund amount.
shall not be liable for any failure to perform, or delay in performing, any of our obligations under the contract if and to the extent that the failure or delay is caused by circumstances beyond our control.
Limitation of liability
We shall not be liable to you for any loss or damage:
- •where there is no breach of a legal duty owed to you by us or by our employees or agents;
- •where such loss or damage is not reasonably foreseeable to us when we accept your order; or
- •to the extent that any increase in loss or damage results from breach by you of any term of the contract.
Our maximum liability to you under the contract shall be the value of the goods that you ordered.
Nothing in these terms and conditions excludes or limits our
liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or fraudulent misrepresentation or for any other liability that we are not permitted by law to exclude or (as the case may be) limit.
These terms and conditions do not affect your statutory rights.
- A minimum spend applies to all vouchers used on our website.
- £5 voucher - minimum spend of £30 is required to activate the voucher
- £10 voucher - minimum spend of £45 is required to activate the voucher
- £25 voucher - minimum spend of £60 is required to activate the voucher
- £50 voucher - minimum spend of £95 is required to activate the voucher
- Gift Vouchers are not accepted in certain departments including but not limited to the Diamonds.
- Gift Vouchers cannot be redeemed via telephone.
- You may only redeem your Gift Voucher in GB pounds sterling
- Gift Vouchers cannot be redeemed or exchanged for cash
- Refunds will not be given for the purchase of a Gift Voucher.
- Gift Vouchers are like cash. Lost, stolen or damaged cards cannot be replaced.
- All refunds of goods or services purchased with Gift Vouchers will be made in accordance with the refund policy. This does not affect your statutory rights.
- We reserve the right to amend these Terms & Conditions from time to time, where we consider it reasonable and necessary to do so.
Images of goods on our website are for illustrative purposes only and may differ slightly from the actual goods.
Codes may only be used against the RRP price unless otherwise specified.
These terms and conditions and the contract are subject to English law.